Vegan Pancakes | The Recipe Critic
Not only are vegan pancakes a tasty way to start your day, but they’re free from any animal products, making them a great choice for anyone following a vegan diet! They’re light, puffy, and perfectly soft. You’ll love them!
I know finding good vegan recipes can be tricky, but I’ve got you covered! You’ll have to try this chickpea curry or my Buddha bowl recipe! They’re jam-packed with flavor and body-loving nutrients. And if you have a sweet tooth… vegan chocolate chip cookies are always the answer.
Quick and Easy Vegan Pancakes
Who doesn’t love a stack of fluffy, delicious pancakes for breakfast? And when you make them vegan and homemade, they’re even better! First of all, homemade vegan pancakes are incredibly customizable. You can add in your favorite fruits, nuts, or dairy-free chocolate chips to make them even tastier. Plus, you know exactly what ingredients are going into them, so you can make them as healthy or indulgent as you want. I always like to top them with fresh berries and all the maple syrup!
These vegan pancakes really are the best. They’re so soft and fluffy! And since they’re homemade, you don’t have to worry about any weird additives or preservatives. So, the next time you’re craving vegan pancakes, skip that expensive boxed mix and whip up a batch at home!
I love that these vegan pancakes use such simple ingredients. It makes them a breeze to whip up in the morning! Exact measurements can all be found in the recipe card below.
- Flour: I just used regular all-purpose flour, but you could also use whole wheat flour if you wanted an extra boost of fiber.
- Baking Powder: Makes the pancakes light and fluffy!
- Salt: Keeps the vegan pancakes from tasting bland. You only need a little bit.
- Granulated Sugar: Adds sweetness to the pancake batter:
- Non-Dairy Milk: Adjusts the consistency of the batter and also adds creaminess. Feel free to use oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever you prefer! You can also use water but it will change the texture of your pancakes a bit.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds sweetness to the pancakes.
- Canola Oil: Adds moisture to the batter and helps the pancakes cook properly.
How to Make the Best Vegan Pancakes
These delicious vegan pancakes cook up perfectly! Just be sure to pay attention to the bubbles that form at the surface so you know when to flip them.
- Dry Ingredients: To a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Then whisk to combine.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add the non-dairy milk, vanilla, and oil to the bowl of dry ingredients. Then whisk together until smooth and blended.
- Let Sit: Allow the batter to sit for a couple of minutes while you heat the skillet. It allows the batter to thicken a little.
- Preheat Skillet: Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. You can also heat a griddle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use Cooking Spray: Lightly spray the skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add Batter to Skillet: Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Then carefully flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Adjust and lower the heat if pancakes begin to burn.
- Enjoy: Serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup!
Tips and Variations
One of the great things about making homemade vegan pancakes as opposed to using boxed mix is that you can customize them however you’d like! You can also switch out ingredients and make them suitable for any dietary needs!
- Don’t Overmix: Overmixing the batter can make your pancakes tough and rubbery. Mix the ingredients until they are just combined, and then let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This allows it to thicken naturally.
- Keto-Friendly Vegan Pancakes: To make these pancakes suitable for a keto diet, swap out the all-purpose flour for almond flour. You’ll also want to swap out the granulated sugar for Stevia or monk fruit sweetener. Be sure to use sugar-free maple syrup and avoid sugary toppings.
- Add Vinegar or Lemon Juice: Adding a small amount of vinegar or lemon juice to your non-dairy milk can help create a “buttermilk” effect, which can make your vegan pancakes even fluffier!
Storing Leftover Vegan Pancakes
Vegan pancakes are best enjoyed fresh off the griddle, but you can also keep them in the fridge and enjoy them later if you have any left over.
- In the Refrigerator: Store pancakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: Wrap vegan pancakes in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer bag for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- Reheating: You can reheat your pancakes in the microwave for about 30 seconds or warm them over the stove on medium heat.
More Tasty Vegan Recipes
Here are a few more of my favorite vegan recipes for you to try out! They’re all packed with flavor, healthy fats, and plant-based protein to help power you through your day!
To a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Whisk to combine.
Add the non-dairy milk, vanilla, and oil to the bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk together until smooth and blended.
Allow the batter to sit for a couple of minutes while you heat the skillet. It allows the batter to thicken a little.
Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Or heat a griddle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Lightly spray the skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour ¼ cup batter onto the griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Carefully flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Adjust and lower the heat if pancakes begin to burn.
Serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup!
Calories342kcal (17%)Carbohydrates49g (16%)Protein7g (14%)Fat13g (20%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat3gMonounsaturated Fat8gSodium339mg (14%)Potassium479mg (14%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar11g (12%)Vitamin A348IU (7%)Vitamin C6mg (7%)Calcium261mg (26%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword vegan, vegan pancake recipe, vegan pancakes
Leave a Reply