The Most Delicious Casseroles Roundup
Casseroles are comfort food at their finest! Delicious, quick, and easy, they are definitely one of my go-to meals whether it’s for my own family or bringing some hot dinner over to a friend!
Casseroles are so different that you could eat them for weeks and never repeat any! When there are that many options, the hardest part is choosing one! A few of my tried and true favorites are Taco Casserole, 5 Ingredient Corn Casserole, and Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole!
Roundup of the Casseroles
There is nothing more delicious and comforting than pulling off the tinfoil of a hot and steaming casserole dish. The flavors of every casserole I have ever tried are all so different which is a huge reason why I love them! But the best part is that most of the time, I have all of the ingredients for casseroles ready to go in my kitchen. Top that convenience off with the fact that they are so easy and quick to make and it’s no wonder why I keep coming back for more!
Casseroles always remind me of bringing food to a sick neighbor or a friend in need. That’s why they get the reputation of the ultimate comfort food! I love them so much because you can also make them ahead and freeze them. That way I can do some extra food prep and have meals ready to go in my freezer for those crazy busy days. It’s convenient AND delicious all in one! I’ve rounded up some of my very favorite tried and true recipes that you and your family are sure to love!!
Quick Cooking Tips
Casseroles are easy and delicious, but you can do a few things to make them even better! I’ve come up with a few tips you can review before cooking to help you out!
- Fill it up: When making your recipe, the rule of thumb is to fill your casserole dish up about ¾ full. If you overfill it, you can cause it to bubble over, but if you underfill it, the ingredients can dry out!
- Cover it: Make sure that when you go to cover your casserole, you do it tightly. Check that there are no leaks because this will lead to the heat escaping, and it won’t cook properly.
- Chop: When you are chopping your vegetables, keep in mind that they should all be the same size. This helps them all cook thoroughly and evenly!
- Pasta: If your recipe uses pasta, make sure to undercook it before putting it in your casserole. If you cook it to the “Al Dente” instructions on your packaging, it will undercook your pasta, allowing it to finish cooking while you bake your casserole. Then your pasta won’t come out soggy!
- Use fresh vegetables: I know that using frozen vegetables is tempting to throw into a casserole but don’t do it! They have a lot of water in them and will cause it to turn soggy. Fresh vegetables are best!
How to Store Casseroles or Make them Ahead
Casseroles make the absolute best leftovers. I love how easy they are to reheat! Or, you can also cook a casserole ahead of time and freeze it. It’s a fantastic way to have some extra meals on hand when you need them.
- Refrigerate: Before placing it in the fridge, you must wait until your casserole is fully cooled. Then, you can cover it with foil or put it in an airtight container. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- Freeze: Bake your casserole in a container that can be taken straight from the freezer to oven. (You can try using those disposable foil pans. Then, if you are making this for someone else, you don’t need to worry about getting your dish back!) Once it is baked, let it cool. Cover it with foil until it is airtight and write the date on it. Your meal can last in the freezer for up to 4 months!
- Thaw: If you freeze your meal, take it out and thaw it overnight in your fridge.
- Reheat: Cook your casserole at the baking temperature listed on the recipe for about 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Crack Chicken Casserole
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole
Sausage and Biscuit Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole
The Best Breakfast Casserole
Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
The Best Sweet Potato Casserole
World’s Best Green Bean Casserole
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
Caramel Apple Overnight French Toast Casserole
No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
The Very Best Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole
Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Egg Casserole
Leftover Turkey Casserole
Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
Overnight Cinnamon Apple French Toast Casserole
Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Cheddar Garlic Mashed Potato Casserole
Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole
Chicken Spinach Artichoke Casserole
Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole
Leave a Reply