Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Recipe | The Recipe Critic
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad is a sweet and creamy dessert with fresh strawberries hidden throughout. This is the biggest hit at any potluck and SO easy to make!
No summer barbecue is complete without a creamy, delicious salad. For even more potluck dishes be sure to try ambrosia salad, creamy pea salad, or pineapple fluff!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
I love anything that has to do with cheesecake. I mean who doesn’t? This is my go to recipe for any get together. It’s a huge hit and people are always asking for the recipe! I love it because it’s so easy to throw together but is the most perfect side. This salad is so creamy and the mixture of strawberries and bananas go together perfectly. Each bite is sweet, creamy heaven!
Now, I can already hear some of you saying… “that’s not a salad!”. And you’re right! In the traditional cold, chopped vegetable meaning of salad, no, it’s not. But in a creamy fruit salad kind of way… absolutely! Cheesecake salads are usually made with no-bake cheesecake filling/pudding and frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), then folded together with fresh fruit. This version also utilizes some strawberry yogurt to bring even more fruit flavor into the dish!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Ingredients
You only need 6 simple ingredients to make the best fruit salad. It’s an inexpensive side dish that’s great for feeding a crowd! If you’re looking for measurements, they can all be found below in the recipe card.
- Whipped Topping: Let this thaw in refrigerator overnight before you use it.
- Cheesecake Pudding Powder: Pudding mix gives this fruit salad the richness of cheesecake but with a light and fluffy consistency.
- Strawberry Yogurt: The creaminess of the yogurt mixes perfectly with the pudding and whipped topping to make a soft and sweet filling.
- Fresh Strawberries: The star of the show! Fresh is best, but you can also use frozen strawberries. Just make sure they’re thawed with any excess liquid drained to keep your salad from turning out watery.
- Bananas: Slice and wait to add them to the salad until the last minute to keep it as fresh as possible.
- Mini Marshmallows: Optional, but it’s my kids’ favorite part of this salad!
Substitutions You Can Use
To substitute the cool whip and cheesecake pudding powder, use 8 ounces of cream cheese, ½ cup of granulated sugar, and 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
This strawberry cheesecake salad recipe is foolproof. All you need to do is mix your ingredients together and let your salad chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it!
- Combine Ingredients: In a large salad bowl, mix together the yogurt, pudding and whipped topping. Put in the fridge and allow to set up for an hour.
- Add Sliced Fruit: Add sliced strawberries to the mixture with the marshmallows. Add in the bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
How to Keep Fruit Salad Fresh
- Keep Fruit Dry: Any water that is present will cause the produce to soften faster. Keep air off of it and dry your fruit after you wash it. Save problem produce like bananas for the end and add right before serving.
- Store Fruit Separately: When making this recipe ahead of time, prepare the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate in a bowl. Separately, mix all the fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate. Then, before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit. Finally, fold the cheesecake filling into the fruit and its ready to be served and enjoyed!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few simple ways to make your strawberry cheesecake salad turn out even better!
- Use an Egg Slicer: Slice strawberries with a sturdy egg slicer for even pieces.
- Wait to Add Fruit: Add the fruit just before serving so it doesn’t get mushy or discolored.
- Use Sour Cream: For extra tanginess, use some sour cream in place of some of the yogurt.
- Adjust Consistency: The amount of strawberries used will depend on how much fruit-to-fluff that you want.
- Add Other Fruits: You can add any fruit you want to this incredibly versatile salad! Some great choices are pineapple, mango, mandarin oranges, grapes, kiwis, raspberries, blackberries, or melons slices:
Summer Strawberry Recipes
Celebrate strawberries coming back into season with a few of these juicy and delicious recipes!
Optional Substitute for whipped topping and cheesecake powder:
In a large bowl mix together the yogurt and pudding powder. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate to allow it to set up for about an hour.
Add the sliced strawberries, marshmallows, and bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
If using the cool whip and cheesecake pudding powder substitute:
In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, and heavy whipping cream until it is creamy and stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry yogurt, strawberries, marshmallows and bananas.
Updated on May 13, 2023
Originally Posted on June 25, 2012
Calories193kcal (10%)Carbohydrates35g (12%)Protein2g (4%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Cholesterol1mgSodium44mg (2%)Potassium288mg (8%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar26g (29%)Vitamin A67IU (1%)Vitamin C37mg (45%)Calcium41mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Dessert, Salad
Keyword cheesecake, fruit salad, strawberry cheesecake salad
Leave a Reply