Salami Roll Ups | The Recipe Critic
If you are looking for the perfect snack or appetizer, salami roll ups are your new best friend! Salami is wrapped around seasoned cream cheese for the perfect savory bite every time.
I am a sucker for a good appetizer. I love all things dips and snacks, probably because I like to entertain guests pretty often. If you are like me, and just love a good app, you’ve got to try this Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, one of my absolute favorites these Jalapeño Poppers, and these quick and delicious Air Fryer Potato Skins.
Salami Cream Cheese Roll Ups
You have just stumbled upon your new favorite appetizer! Ok, it’s a strong statement but seriously, these are so so good. I served them for my family the other day and they were hooked! I’ve never seen anything disappear from the table that fast. Which was so perfect for me because these were so easy to make! Just take a slice of salami, and fill it with seasoned cream cheese. Roll up the salami and hold it closed with a toothpick, and you have an adorable and tasty appetizer!
I love charcuterie boards, mostly because they are full of my favorite things. I even make dessert boards and veggie boards, because who doesn’t love a fun board to snack from? Anyways, I realized that these roll-ups are my two favorite things about a charcuterie board, the salami and cheese! This savory combo never gets old, and you can keep it fresh by switching up the flavor of the cream cheese filling.
These salami roll-ups were so easy to put together. I had my kids help me and they had a great time! You don’t have to cook anything, and yet the flavors are off the charts. You can find the exact measurements below in the recipe card.
- Salami Slices: You can get whatever kind of salami you like. I really love using Italian dry salami, but just pick up whatever you like best from the grocery store.
- Cream Cheese: You will want a package of cream cheese. Make sure to leave it out at room temperature so its nice and soft for filling.
- Green Onion: Fresh green onions add SO much flavor to the filling, you’ll definitely want to add it!
- Dried Italian Seasoning: I love the herbs in Italian seasoning, and a teaspoon of this mix will add the perfect flavor to the filling.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is a slightly sweet and savory powder that will really ramp up the flavor in this cream cheese.
- Onion Powder: I like onion powder better than fresh onions for this filling. You could sautee some onions to add to this filling if you wanted to! Onion powder is the easy way to get the flavor into the filling in no time at all.
- Cracked Black Pepper: I love fresh cracked black pepper because it goes perfectly with the spice in the salami.
- Toothpicks: This is to help the roll-ups stay closed. You could go with basic toothpicks, or really cute ones to spice things up!
Salami Roll Ups with Cream Cheese
I think you are really going to enjoy putting these salami roll ups together! They are really fun and super easy because the only thing you have to prepare is the cream cheese filling. Once you flavor your cream cheese, you can get rolling!
- Make Filling: Add the softened cream cheese, green onion, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix: Using an electric hand mixer, mix until smooth and combined.
- Spread: Spread 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of a slice of salami.
- Roll: Roll up the salami and secure it with a toothpick.
- Repeat and Enjoy: Repeat the steps until all of the salami rolls are formed. Enjoy!
Tips for Flavoring Salami Roll Ups
These salami roll ups are so easy to switch up because so many flavors go great with salami and cheese! I have so many flavor combinations in mind, here are a few of my favorites.
- Add Fresh Flavors: Chives, sauteed onions, and jalapeños are some of my favorite fresh flavors to add to the cream cheese. I’ve also tried banana peppers and they were fantastic!
- Add Pickles: Dill pickles or pickled vegetables are SO good in these roll ups. I love layering a little bit of cream cheese on the bottom, adding a pickle, and then topping with cream cheese again.
- Use Another Meat: I know it’s a salami roll up, but you could also try a different meat like pepperoni, turkey, or another type of cured meat. I like salami the best, but my kids go crazy for pepperoni.
These salami roll ups are a great one to make ahead. They store easily and taste great the next day! Follow these tips for storing your leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your roll ups in an airtight container for at least a week in the fridge. Salami is a preserved meat, and cream cheese doesn’t go bad quickly. You can store them for as long as you want, but just make sure to check the expiration on the cream cheese and salami and go by those dates.
Other Appetizers to Try
I love appetizers and snacks! I don’t like letting guests get hungry, but sometimes you aren’t quite ready to serve dinner yet. Appetizers keep everyone happy and satisfied until you are ready for the big meal. I’ve hosted parties where all I served was appetizers and everyone loved it!ho
Add the softened cream cheese, green onion, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Using an electric hand mixer, mix until smooth and combined.
Spread 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of a slice of salami.
Roll up the salami and secure it with a toothpick.
Repeat the steps until all of the salami rolls are formed. Enjoy!
Serving1rollupCalories71kcal (4%)Carbohydrates1gProtein3g (6%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.5gMonounsaturated Fat2gCholesterol17mg (6%)Sodium233mg (10%)Potassium52mg (1%)Fiber0.1gSugar0.4gVitamin A136IU (3%)Vitamin C0.2mgCalcium13mg (1%)Iron0.2mg (1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Appetizer, Snack
Keyword 10 minute, salami roll-ups
You may also like
Written by Recipes
Leave a Reply