Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta is made in just one pot and ready in 30 minutes! Fresh shrimp is cooked in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and then tossed in fresh parmesan cheese and pasta. It’s unbelievably good and sure to become a new favorite!
I love cooking shrimp because it cooks up so fast and it is such a crowd-pleaser! Even the kids love it no matter which way I make it. If you are looking for some tried and true delicious shrimp recipes, then you’ve got to try this lemon garlic shrimp scampi, this creamy garlic shrimp alfredo pasta, or this creamy tuscan garlic shrimp.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
Say hello to your new favorite one pot meal! This seriously blew away our taste buds and became an instant favorite with the first bite. Rewind to the time I despised shrimp. Yes, I hated shrimp. But now, I am a firm believer in giving things a chance. And if you serve this to someone who can’t stand shrimp, then I can guarantee they will walk away saying it was the best shrimp they’ve ever had.
Why is this dish so amazing? The pasta, the sauce, the shrimp- it’s all cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. I absolutely love pasta for dinner, and this pasta is just fancy enough to serve to friends. It’s made with linguine pasta, which I absolutely love. I make creamy chicken mushroom florentine and Cajun sausage linguine with it, and I knew that pasta was perfect for this recipe. The shrimp is so good with it, and the lemon brings out all of the flavors in the shrimp and the pasta. You are going to love it!
The best part about this lemon garlic parmesan shrimp pasta is the list of ingredients. It’s simple, clean, and SO flavorful. You will definitely want to get linguine pasta, it’s absolutely my favorite! Spaghetti can work if you are in a pinch. You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Linguine Pasta: Thin, light noodles that are perfect paired with sauce and shrimp.
- Olive Oil and Butter: Sauteing the shrimp in the combination of olive oil and butter is the key to a great texture in the shrimp!
- Garlic: Add the garlic into the oil with the red pepper until fragrant.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Adds a little heat and extra flavor.
- Large Shrimp: The bigger size holds up better to the pasta.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
- Italian Seasoning: The Italian seasoning is the perfect flavor combination with this garlic-infused pasta sauce.
- Baby Spinach: Add it at the end so you get a perfect wilt without it getting soggy.
- Parmesan Cheese: Combine with the shrimp and pasta after they are cooked.
- Lemon Juice: To taste (one tablespoon is a good place to start).
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta Recipe
The awesome thing about this meal is that it is cooked in just one pot. Only having to dirty one pot and deliver an amazing meal for the fam is maybe my favorite thing in the whole world. It just keeps me excited about cooking!
- Cook Pasta: In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Then drain and set aside.
- Saute Garlic and Red Pepper in Oil: Using the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter. Then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant.
- Cook Shrimp: Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Then add Italian seasoning and spinach and cook until wilted.
- Combine Pasta and Shrimp: Add the pasta back to the pot with the remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Then stir until mixed and the butter is melted.
- Enjoy: Add a dash of lemon juice and then serve while hot.
Tips for Making a 30-minute Meal:
- Keep it simple! Stick to recipes and ingredients you are familiar with. Save your new ideas and ingredients for a day when you have a little more time.
- Plan ahead. When you get home with groceries, go ahead and wash fresh produce, chop, make dressings, etc. that you will use later in the weeks recipes. Then they are ready to grab when you need them quick!
- Order matters. Start the oven and the water boiling first since these things take more time. While they heat up you can be working on the next steps.
- Substitute, swap or even omit ingredients you don’t have on hand or are time consuming to prep. If an ingredient doesn’t change the overall flavor of the dish, and will take extra time to work with or make, then change it or skip it. Use something that is pre-made instead for example.
- Ask for help. Delegate duties like chopping or making a side salad to get the work done quicker!
Tips for Making Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
This garlic parmesan shrimp pasta recipe is SO easy! There are a lot of ways that you can adjust this recipe until it is perfect for your family. Here are some ways to switch things up and make this recipe your own.
- Try Different Pasta: Try changing up the pasta. Rotini and fusilli are great choices! You could also even consider a vegetable noodle like zucchini noodles for a healthier version.
- Additional Ingredients: Add in new ingredients like mushrooms, asparagus, chicken, other seafood, and sausages to see what your favorite combinations are. You never know what you will discover you love!
- Add Cream: Turn this into a creamy sauce by adding some heavy cream and/or cream cheese. Start with one cup of cream and increase from there.
This lemon garlic parmesan shrimp pasta makes great leftovers because the flavors get better and better! It’s also easy to clean up and tastes great reheated. Here is how to store leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Pasta Recipes
I absolutely love a pasta dish for dinner! It can be so quick and easy and super filling for the whole family. Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I think you’re going to love!
Using the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant.
Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add italian seasoning and spinach and cook until wilted.
Add the pasta back to the pot with the remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until mixed and the butter is melted.
Add the lemon juice and toss before serving. Serve immediately!
Originally Posted on August 12, 2016
Calories279kcal (14%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein23g (46%)Fat20g (31%)Saturated Fat9g (45%)Cholesterol274mg (91%)Sodium990mg (41%)Potassium217mg (6%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A2501IU (50%)Vitamin C13mg (16%)Calcium270mg (27%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine American, Caribbean
Keyword lemon garlic parmesan shirmp pasta, lemon garlic shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta
Leave a Reply