Hot Fudge | The Recipe Critic
Homemade hot fudge is silky smooth and full of intense chocolate flavor without being too sweet. It is made up of 3 simple ingredients and ready in just 10 minutes. This is the perfect topping for hot fudge sundaes, fruit, and your favorite desserts!
Is there really anything better than chocolate? Honestly, I can’t think of anything! And this hot fudge is so good I could eat it by the spoonful! It’s just a little too easy to eat, so make sure you have plenty of friends to share it with. If you are in the mood for all things chocolate, you should try this creamy Chocolate Lasagna, these cute and easy Homemade Reese’s Eggs, and this irresistible Mississippi Mud Cake.
Hot Fudge Recipe
This hot fudge recipe is a classic that everyone in the family will love. My favorite part about it is there is absolutely no corn syrup! This fudge sauce is perfectly creamy with just three simple ingredients. Get ready for the most decadent hot fudge sundae you’ve ever had because this is the best hot fudge sauce out there. It is so much better than store-bought, you will never pick up a jar at the store again.
For the perfect hot fudge sundae, try this homemade caramel sauce too. If you want to have tons of fun with a kid friendly ice cream recipe, you should try this snow ice cream recipe! It was a total blast to make with my kids. If you live in a warmer climate where you won’t have any snow, then try this ice cream in a bag. Another way we love eating this hot fudge is drizzled on top of these turtle brownies or with these cherry cheesecake brownies.
There isn’t much to this homemade hot fudge sauce, and yet it will be the best hot fudge you’ve ever had! It is so easy to make, and only has three ingredients. You could add other things like vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and salt if you wanted to, but those are not necessary. I think this recipe is perfect just the way it is! You can find the full measurements below in the recipe card.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate: You want to use a high quality chocolate, choose your favorite! I used Dove chocolate here. I like the dark chocolate Dove candies because they have a great rich flavor. You could use chocolate chips or bar chocolate too!
- Butter: I use unsalted butter and it doesn’t matter if it is room temperature or right out of the refrigerator.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is the real magic. It makes the fudge the perfect consistency and so creamy and rich.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
This recipe is so easy! I know some people who will make their hot fudge in the microwave, which I suppose you could do here too. You probably won’t get as thick of a mixture as you will over the stove, but it could be a quick option. I prefer to do it the old-fashioned way over the stove because it always turns out exactly the way I want it! Just make sure not to boil this mixture, it does not need to get that hot.
- Melt: In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and the butter together over low heat.
- Cook: Add the sweetened condensed milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Cool: Remove from heat and let cool. Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat in 15 second intervals, stirring between.
Tips for Making Hot Fudge
There are a lot of hot fudge recipes out there, but this is by far the best one I’ve ever had. That doesn’t mean you can’t make it your own! Here are a few tips on how to make this hot fudge recipe.
- Choosing Your Chocolate: Using high-quality chocolate will make a huge difference in the flavor of the hot fudge. You can use whatever your favorite chocolate is, just make sure you love the taste of the chocolate on its own.
- Types of Chocolate: Semi-sweet or dark chocolate is best for this recipe. I think that using milk chocolate makes the fudge sauce too sweet. You can choose to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or a candy like Dove. I have also used bittersweet chocolate and thought it was incredible, you really can’t go wrong with this one!
- What to Eat It With: Obviously, this hot fudge is incredible with ice cream! I have also dipped cheesecake stuffed strawberries in it and it was incredible. It acts like a fondue! You can keep it in a fondue pot to keep it from getting too cold and dip anything you like in it. It’s also amazing over fluffy pancakes or perfect waffles.
This hot fudge is so awesome to have in the refrigerator. I love being able to pull it out whenever I need it! Here is how to store leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Reheating: Reheat gently to avoid burning the sauce. You can reheat it in the microwave 15 seconds at a time and stir in between.
Other Chocolate Treats to Try
If you are a chocolate lover, these recipes are for you! There is never a bad time to whip up a chocolate treat and these are some of my favorites. The best part is they are all really easy and something the whole family will love!
In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and the butter together over low heat.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
Remove from heat and let cool. Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat in 15 second intervals, stirring between.
Calories108kcal (5%)Carbohydrates8g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fat8g (12%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.3gMonounsaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0.1gCholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium2mgPotassium82mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A95IU (2%)Vitamin C0.004mgCalcium10mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword chocolate sauce, hot fudge, hot fudge sauce
Leave a Reply