Homemade Sriracha Mayo | The Recipe Critic
Sriracha mayo is the condiment you’re going to want to put on everything! It’s creamy and savory, with spice that packs a punch!
Homemade sauces really are the best. You can usually whip them up with just a handful of ingredients you already have at home, and they’re free of gross preservatives and artificial flavors! A few of my other favorites to try are yum yum sauce, cilantro ranch dressing, and copycat Cane’s sauce!
Sriracha Mayo Recipe
Oh, sriracha mayo, how I love you. I literally put it on everything. Fried rice, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, poke bowls, you name it! I’m going to let it slide just this once if you haven’t tried it… but you really need to! It’s the BEST! If you love sauces that are creamy, savory, and spicy with just a little bit of tang, this is going to be your new baby.
I love this recipe because you only need a handful of ingredients to make it. As long as you have some Sriracha on hand, I’m sure you’ll have everything else needed to make it! The great thing about making sriracha mayo from scratch is that 1- it tastes better than store-bought, and 2- you can tweak the flavor just to your liking! Once you get a taste, I know you’ll be just as obsessed as I am. You’ll understand why it’s such a popular condiment! It’s truly the perfect spicy sauce!
What You Need to Make It
You technically can just mix sriracha sauce and mayo together, but I like to add a few extra ingredients to elevate the flavor. That’s the beauty of homemade sauces! You can customize them however you’d like. Check out the recipe card below for the measurements that I used.
- Sriracha Chili Sauce: This spicy red sauce is the star of the show, adding a kick of heat to the sauce. Don’t have sriracha on hand? Try using hot sauce or chili paste instead!
- Mayonnaise: Smooth, creamy, and so delicious! Mayo is the perfect base for your sriracha creation. Looking for a vegan or lighter option? You can also use Greek yogurt or avocado-based vegan mayo instead.
- Honey: Adds a touch of sweetness to the sauce. You can also use agave or even maple syrup. If you want your sriracha mayo to be more savory, skip the sweetener altogether.
- Lemon or Lime Juice: A little acidity goes a long way in brightening up your mayo. Whether you prefer lemon or lime, both will add a tangy zip to your sauce.
- Garlic: Garlic lovers unite! It adds a savory, flavorful twist to your spicy mayo. If you don’t have fresh minced garlic, you can also use garlic powder.
- Cayenne Pepper or Chili Powder: If you like it spicy, take your sriracha mayo up a notch with a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
How to Make Sriracha Mayo
It’s super easy, you don’t even really need a recipe to make it. Simply mix all of your ingredients together and taste test as you go! This way, you can adjust to taste and make your perfect condiment. Trust me, you’re going to want to put it on everything. It’s just so good!
- Add Ingredients to Bowl: Add the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix: Whisk to combine until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Use: Enjoy as a dipping sauce for anything fried, or pair it with sushi, fish, or any Asian-inspired dish!
Ways to Use Sriracha Mayo
No gatekeeping here! This post wouldn’t be complete unless I gave you some of my favorite recipes to use sriracha mayo with. Honestly, this sauce is so versatile you can essentially use it with ANYTHING, but it’s a knockout dipping sauce and drizzle for Asian-inspired meals. If you don’t know what to use it with, that’s a great place to start! This sauce also doubles as a dressing and is great for making gourmet sandwiches and burgers with. Basically, for any savory dish that could use a little creamy, spicy, goodness… break out the sriracha mayo. It’s the BEST thing to have on hand!
The Recipe Critic Recommendation
The Perfect Airtight Bottle for Sauces!
GoodCook Ready 12oz Squeeze Bottle
So, since I already know you’re going to want to put this sauce on everything… here’s the best thing to keep it in! Not only does this bottle give you the perfect drizzle, but it’s airtight and helps to keep your homemade sriracha mayo nice and fresh!
How Long Does Homemade Sriracha Mayo Last?
Because it’s free of preservatives, your homemade sriracha mayo will only last for about 5-7 days in the fridge. With how easy it is to make, though, you can just whisk up another batch once you run out!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container, bottle, or jar for about 1 week. The ingredients may settle as it sits, so give it a quick shake or stir before using it.
More Amazing Homemade Sauces
You’ll have to give some of these other sauce recipes a try. I know they’ll win you over! Adding a drizzle of one of these bad boys is the best way to enhance all of your favorite meals. They’re super easy to make, too, which is a plus! No more buying overpriced sauces at the store that are chock full of artificial flavors and preservatives! Making sauces from scratch is the way to go. Find my full list of dressings, sauces, and dips here.
Add the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper to a medium-sized bowl.
Whisk to combine until all of the ingredients are well blended.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Enjoy as a dipping sauce for anything fried, or pair it with sushi, fish, or any Asian-inspired dish!
Serving2tablespoonsCalories150kcal (8%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein0.3g (1%)Fat16g (25%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat9gMonounsaturated Fat4gTrans Fat0.04gCholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium305mg (13%)Potassium19mg (1%)Fiber0.1gSugar2g (2%)Vitamin A50IU (1%)Vitamin C6mg (7%)Calcium3mgIron0.1mg (1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course condiment, dip, Sauce
Cuisine Asian American
Keyword sriracha mayo, sriracha mayo recipe
Leave a Reply