Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
Ham and Cheese Quiche is a classic combination that is sure to make this quiche a new family favorite! Easy to put together, this dish is perfect for brunch, breakfast, or even dinner!
I love a delicious and savory breakfast dish! It kicks off the days and fills me right up! You must try this simple and easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole, this delicious Breakfast Casserole, or these classic Sunny Side Up Eggs!
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
I absolutely love to make quiches. They are so easy to put together, and you can customize them with any fillings that you want. This one is especially delicious because you use classic ingredients like cheese and ham, which means… Even your kids will go crazy over it!
This ham and cheese quiche is so simple and easy because you can use premade dough for the crust. So all you have to do is put it in the pan, whip up the filling, and let it bake! It’s a great recipe to make ahead of time too. Bake it with some cinnamon rolls and muffins, and you can have yourself a delicious brunch!
Ingredients in Ham and Cheese Quiche
The ingredients in this ham and cheese quiche are simple and easy; you probably already have most of them ready to go in your kitchen! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Pie Crust: You can just grab a store-bought pie crust and keep it in your fridge until you are ready to go!
- Eggs: I always use large eggs when I cook.
- Half and Half: You can easily make this at home with this recipe or use whole or 2 percent milk instead.
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance all ingredients’ flavors.
- Onion Powder: This adds some delicious flavor without being overpowering.
- Cooked Ham: You can buy cubed, cooked ham at your local grocery store to save some time!
- Mexican Blend Cheese: I always like to shred my cheese from the block so that it melts into my quiche better.
- Green Onion: You can add this to the quiche mix or use it as a garnish on top.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
This easy quiche recipe only takes about 10 minutes of prep time. The rest of the time is spent cooking in the oven! It’s so easy and delicious; it’s a great meal for the entire family!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the pie crust and shape it into a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add Cheese: Whisk in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Assemble: To assemble the quiche, place the cubed ham on top of the pie crust to fill the bottom of the pan.
- Pour: Pour the egg mixture over the chopped ham.
- Sprinkle and Garnish: Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese over the egg mixture. Garnish with diced green onion.
- Bake: Carefully place the pie in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until the ham and cheese quiche is cooked through.
- Let it Sit: Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to sit for 5 minutes before enjoying it!
Tips and Tricks for Making the BEST Quiche
I love this ham and cheese quiche, but you can easily make it even more than that by adding in veggies or different ingredients that you love!
- Variations: Feel free to add up to ½ cup of any fresh veggies you desire! I like mixing it up with diced bell pepper, chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms, chopped broccoli, etc., to make this quiche extra tasty!
- Use Dry Ingredients: Make sure to dry all your filling ingredients. The ham should be nice and dry before adding it to the pie crust. Just pat it down with a paper towel.
- Homemade Pie Crust: If you want to make your crust from scratch, you totally can! Use this recipe, it’s my grandma’s, and it is perfect!
How to Make it Ahead of Time
This ham and cheese quiche is a great brunch recipe to make ahead of time! You can either store it in the fridge or your freezer, whichever works best!
- In the Refrigerator: Cook your quiche as directed and let it cool. Cover it with some foil or a lid, and you can store it in your fridge for 2-3 days. When you are ready to eat it, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then, reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- In the Freezer: Once you have cooked your quiche, then you can let it cool. Store it in an airtight container in your freezer (label it with the date!) and it will last about 2-3 months. When you want to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, cover it with some foil and bake it at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
More Delicious Brunch Recipes
Brunch is kind of the best meal ever invented. You get to have breakfast foods and lunch foods all at the same time and you don’t even have to choose! Plus, you get to sleep in! It’s the best in my opinion! Here are a few more recipes that you can whip up for breakfast, brunch or even dinner! Try them all, they are so delicious!
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Roll out the pie crust and shape it into a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Whisk in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
To assemble the quiche, place the cubed ham on top of the pie crust to fill the bottom of pan.
Pour the egg mixture over the chopped ham.
Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese over the egg mixture. Garnish with diced green onion.
Carefully place the pie in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the quiche is cooked through.
Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to sit for 5 minutes before enjoying it!
Originally Posted on May 15, 2018
Updated on December 20, 2022
Serving1sliceCalories270kcal (14%)Carbohydrates12g (4%)Protein14g (28%)Fat18g (28%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat7gTrans Fat0.01gCholesterol177mg (59%)Sodium537mg (22%)Potassium172mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A414IU (8%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium167mg (17%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Cuisine American, French
Keyword breakfast quiche, Easy Quiche, Ham and Cheese Quiche
You may also like
Written by Recipes
Leave a Reply