This bruschetta is easy to make with fresh, ripe Roma tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette over top of a French baguette. Bruschetta comes together quickly and easily!
Easiest Bruschetta Recipe
Bruschetta is originally from Italy and is a variation of tomatoes, vegetables, beans, cured meat, and cheese. It is mixed together, then rubbed the bread with garlic and brushed over the top of the bread. This bruschetta is one of my favorites during the year. It is light and filling at the same time. Every bite is zesty and flavorful! Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze over the top and you have one amazing appetizer!
The warm crispy, crunchy bread melts in the shredded mozzarella overtop the tomato mixture. Together this makes the perfect combination! Use up all your fresh tomatoes with this tried and true favorite. This appetizer is perfect for any occasion and great to use as an appetizer, party snack or light lunch. Because it is so light and tasty, everyone will want more!
This recipe uses simple ingredients to make a sweet and savory appetizer. Try it out over some delicious bread and then you won’t be able to stop! Check out the bottom of the post for all of the exact ingredient measurements.
- Baguette: Slice the bread into thin, even slices.
- Olive Oil: Brush the oil over the top of each slice of bread.
- Roma Tomatoes: Freshly diced ripe tomatoes.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded cheese lays smoothly over the top of the tomato mixture and softens with the warm bread.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: This is a very dark concentrate that is rich in flavor.
- Olive Oil: The olive oil adds a rich flavor to the tomato mixture
- Garlic Cloves: It is best fresh and minced. If you don’t have any fresh garlic cloves then you can use minced garlic from a jar. 1 garlic clove equals about ½ teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Basil: Fresh basil is thrown in for color and flavor!
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance all of the flavors in the bruschetta.
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle overtop the tomato mixture for a garnish and glaze.
How to Create the Perfect Bruschetta
This recipe is simple to make yet it packs a punch in looks and flavor. Your friends and family will ask you for the recipe because it’s so delicious!
- Prepare Bread: Slice a baguette and line it on a baking sheet. Then, brush the top with olive oil and broil it 2-3 minutes until brown. When it’s brown then you can remove from the oven.
- Mix Together: In a medium-sized bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, basil and salt and pepper.
- Top the Bread: Add the mixture to the top of the bread and then drizzle it with balsamic glaze.
Tips and Variations
There are a few things that you can do to make sure that your bruschetta turns out perfectly! Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Fresh: It is best to try using the freshest ingredients for the tomato mixture. Since fresh produce doesn’t last long then purchase it a day or so before to plan on making this appetizer.
- Toasting Bread: Move your oven rack a few inches below the top of the oven. Then, broil the bread for a few minutes.
- Cheese: Store-bought pre-shredded cheese has an extra coat of flour overtop, which is hard to blend together. I like to purchase a block of cheese and then shred it myself.
- Add In: Try adding in nuts or sunflower seeds to add in a delicious taste and texture!
What Kind of Bread Should I Serve With It?
Several slices of bread are best for bruschetta. A classic one is always the baguette. It is crunchy outside a soft and sweet inside. I also love using French bread or crostini. Even crackers or chips taste delicious with this classic and traditional bruschetta.
How Long Does Fresh Bruschetta Keep?
- Making Ahead: It is best to serve this right away but knowing to have it ready ahead of time will also work. Bruschetta can keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. Stir it up when you are ready to eat it, and then top it on the toasted bread.
- Leftovers: If you have any leftover bruschetta, then try adding it on top of baked or grilled chicken!
Slice a baguette and line it on a baking sheet. Brush the top with olive oil and broil it 2-3 minutes until brown. Remove from the oven.
In a medium sized bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. Top the bread with the mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Updated on November 3, 2022
Calories85kcal (4%)Carbohydrates12g (4%)Protein3g (6%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Cholesterol2mg (1%)Sodium144mg (6%)Potassium84mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A257IU (5%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium32mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.