Chicken and Rice Meal Prep Bowls
Although these chicken and rice meal prep bowls may seem simple, they’re anything but! The chicken is juicy, tender, and seasoned to perfection! You’re going to love having these easy-to-make meals on hand for a quick lunch.
Meal preps are a great way to keep costs low and also stay on track for your diet goals. You can customize them however you’d like and take them on the go! Need some ideas to get you started? Try these Korean beef meal prep bowls and teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls next!
Easy Chicken and Rice Meal Preps
Chicken and rice is the bread and butter of healthy eating. It’s the perfect ratio of protein and carbs to power you through your day! Pair it with your favorite veggies for some added nutrition and you have the perfect lunch. The chicken in these meal prep bowls is perfectly seasoned, juicy, and tender. You’ll love every bite!
Good news is- these chicken and rice meal prep bowls take less than 30 minutes to prepare. A weeks worth of meals in a snap! Another nice thing about these meal prep bowls is you can customize them to work into any diet. So whether you’re wanting something keto or low-carb, these are perfect for you. See my tips section below for ideas!
Everything You’ll Need
I love these chicken and rice meal prep bowls because they use a bunch of pantry staples. They’re also great for using up leftover chicken if you have it! Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken Breasts: This is the main protein source in the meal prep bowls. They are cooked until they’re perfectly juicy and oh-so tender!
- Olive Oil: Used to sear the chicken in. It adds richness and flavor to the dish.
- Homemade Chicken Seasoning: A tasty blend of herbs and spices that add depth and taste to the chicken. Find my full recipe here!
- Cooked Rice: Adds carbs to the meal preps. Looking for low-carb options? I’ve got you covered! Check out my tips section below.
- Steamed Green Beans: A fresh, crisp veggie that adds nutrients, color, and texture to the dish. Feel free to swap this out for your other favorite greens!
How to Make Chicken and Rice Meal Prep Bowls
These are going to be your new favorite lunch. They’re so delicious yet so simple to throw together! Plus, it’s easy to work them into your macros. The perfect diet-friendly meal!
- Precook Rice: Cook the rice ahead of time. You can also use prepackaged cooked rice for convenience.
- Season Chicken: Prepare the chicken by seasoning it with my homemade chicken seasoning.
- Sear: Add the olive oil to a skillet and then cook the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be cooked through and no longer pink. You can also use my air fryer method for cooking the chicken if you prefer!
- Steam Veggies: Steam the vegetables until tender.
- Assemble: To assemble the bowls, evenly divide all of the cooked ingredients into four sealable containers. Each container will contain ½ cup rice, ½ cup cooked chicken, and ½ cup green beans.
- Store and Enjoy: Seal the containers and then store them in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Warm in the microwave and enjoy!
Tips and Substitutions
You can make these chicken and rice meal prep bowls exactly how you like them! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Keto/Low-Carb: To make these meal prep bowls keto-friendly, swap out the white rice for cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or Konjac rice. I also love using Banza chickpea rice and pasta because it’s low-carb and adds an extra boost of protein to any meal.
- Seasoning Your Chicken: To switch up your meal preps, try seasoning your chicken breasts with lemon pepper, blackened, or Cajun seasoning!
How Long Do Chicken and Rice Meal Prep Bowls Last?
In an airtight container, these meal prep bowls will last for up to 4 days in the fridge. For a quick and easy lunch, simply pop them into the microwave until warmed through and enjoy!
Looking for More Healthy and Delicious Chicken Recipes?
Look no further! Just because you’re eating clean doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. With these tasty recipes, you get the best of both worlds!
Cook the rice ahead of time or use prepackaged cooked rice for convenience.
Prepare the chicken by seasoning it with my homemade chicken seasoning.
Add the olive oil to a skillet and cook the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. The chicken should be cooked through and no longer pink. You can also use my air fryer method for cooking the chicken if you prefer!
Steam the vegetables until tender.
To assemble the bowls, evenly divide all of the cooked ingredients into four sealable containers.
Each container will contain ½ cup rice, ½ cup cooked chicken, and ½ cup green beans.
Seal the containers and store them in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Warm in the microwave and enjoy!
Calories521kcal (26%)Carbohydrates79g (26%)Protein32g (64%)Fat7g (11%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gTrans Fat0.01gCholesterol73mg (24%)Sodium140mg (6%)Potassium656mg (19%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A466IU (9%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium72mg (7%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Dinner, lunch
Keyword chicken and rice meal prep bowls, Healthy, meal prep
You may also like
Written by Recipes
Leave a Reply