Avocado Chocolate Pudding | The Recipe Critic
Avocado chocolate pudding is a creamy and dark dairy free chocolate pudding with fresh and good-for-you ingredients! Not only does it taste better than regular pudding, but it’s as easy as putting all of the ingredients in the blender to curb your sweet tooth without all the guilt.
I love a good chocolate dessert. I seriously crave it all the time! Like most people, I try to eat as healthy as I can. So I’m always a fan of a chocolate dessert that doesn’t leave me feeling heavy and guilty. This avocado chocolate pudding is so perfect when you want a healthy chocolate treat. If you are in the mood for some other yummy chocolate recipes with less sugar and better for you ingredients, you should try these Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes, these delicious Healthy Brownies, and these easy Skinny Muddy Buddies.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Did I mention this delicious and easy chocolate avocado pudding is a 5 minute recipe? I know what you are thinking. It can’t be. But I’m not kidding, it literally took me 5 minutes. The thing that takes the longest is just peeling the avocado! After that you dump all the ingredients in the blender and you are done! It really is that easy, and the taste and texture is just like pudding! Aren’t avocados the best? This recipe is vegan, paleo friendly and of course gluten-free.
Homemade chocolate pudding is one of my favorite things, and this chocolate avocado pudding takes dessert to a whole different level. I love a sweet treat after dinner, but of course it’s not a great idea to load up on sugar every night before bed. A lot of the time I will serve a dessert salad like a strawberry cheesecake salad or this ACTUAL dessert strawberry pretzel salad. But a lot of the time I’m still left craving a chocolate pie or a big bowl of ice cream. This chocolate avocado pudding is a real treat that totally kills my sweet tooth, and it has less sugar than those salads! It’s the perfect dessert.
You will be amazed at how these 5 ingredients make the perfect avocado chocolate pudding. It tastes even better than the original thing. Same texture and all! Everything in this recipe is healthy and naturally flavorful. If you aren’t worried about keeping this one dairy-free, some whipped cream on top is delicious! You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Avocados: You want nice and ripe avocados. If they’re too hard, they will taste a little bitter and won’t blend up as smooth.
- Cocoa Powder: This is where the rich chocolate flavor comes from. Use a good quality cocoa powder for the best results.
- Honey: I love this as a natural sweetener. Any natural liquid sweetener would work. You could also use agave, maple syrup, monk fruit, or liquid stevia.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk here. I used almond milk and it was perfect! You can use plain and unsweetened, or the vanilla kind if you want a little more sweetness. I think I’m going to try coconut milk next time because that sounds amazing! Cashew milk or any dairy free milk will work great for this recipe. You can also use regular dairy milk! It is a great option if you aren’t worried about dairy.
- Vanilla Extract: This is what really helps it taste like pudding. It adds a little extra flavor and brings out all of the chocolate notes.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe
It doesn’t get any easier than this avocado chocolate pudding recipe. All you do is put all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth! You don’t have to mess around with thickeners because the avocado does all of the work. I like my pudding chilled so I do put this in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill before eating, but that’s totally optional! You can even eat this as a daytime snack because it is filling and full of healthy fat.
- Blend: In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until the pudding is smooth and creamy. You can add more or less milk depending on what you want the texture to be.
Tips for Making Avocado Chocolate Pudding
I am pretty sure you will never go back to regular pudding after trying this avocado chocolate pudding! I mean, why would you?! This pudding is exactly like the real thing, just with better ingredients and a fresher flavor. Here are some tips for making this recipe.
- Add Other Fruit: You can add a banana for more of a fruity sweet flavor. You may need to add a little more milk if you do add a banana to get the right texture. I really love the way it tastes with a banana in it! I also love adding fresh raspberries or strawberries for extra fresh flavor.
- Sweetness: Add or take out as much sweetener as you would like. I like to start with the recommended amount in the recipe, and then taste it before I take it out of the blender. You can always add more if you want it a little sweeter. Adding a banana will also add natural sweetness.
- Freeze It: Freezing your pudding actually makes a delicious frozen treat! You can freeze it on a stick to make your own healthy pudding pop, or eat it more like ice cream. It’s so yummy!
Everyone knows that avocados are the hardest thing to keep fresh once you open them up. But this chocolate pudding actually lasts for days in the refrigerator! Just another reason to fall in love with this dessert.
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your leftover vegan chocolate pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate is usually on my mind. That’s probably why I have so many chocolate desserts on my blog! Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I think you and your family are really going to love!!
Calories559kcal (28%)Carbohydrates73g (24%)Protein8g (16%)Fat33g (51%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat4gMonounsaturated Fat21gCholesterol7mg (2%)Sodium42mg (2%)Potassium1251mg (36%)Fiber17g (68%)Sugar51g (57%)Vitamin A392IU (8%)Vitamin C20mg (24%)Calcium116mg (12%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Dessert, Snack
Keyword avocado chocolate pudding, healthy chocolate pudding
You may also like
Written by Recipes
Leave a Reply