15-Minute Instant Pot Beets | The Recipe Critic
Simple, quick, and delicious, these Instant Pot Beets will become your new favorite side dish! They are packed with nutrients and come out perfectly soft every time. In just fifteen minutes you have a delicious and nutritious side dish that you will go back to again and again.
I’m a huge fan of my Instant Pot because I’m always on the go. Quick dinners have become a staple in my house and I have a whole list of great recipes that I can whip up in a pinch, like this Instant Pot Chili, my absolute favorite Instant Pot Beef Stew, or my popular Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff.
Instant Pot Beets
If you are always looking for ways to use your Instant Pot, then you’ve come to the right place! I love mine because it is so easy to use. I’ve even rounded up a whole list of meals, side dishes, and easy veggies (sweet potatoes in the instant pot, yes please!) you might have never thought of making with your Instant Pot. You can find that round-up here). This Instant Pot Beet recipe is one of the easiest ways to get vitamins and nutrients onto your dinner plate.
Because they pressure cook, it only takes 10 minutes in the Instant Pot to get perfectly soft. You barely need a knife to slice them open! Beets vary in size, so if you have large beets and small beets in the same pot, I recommend cutting the large beets down to the size of the small ones so they will all be done at the same time. I love this recipe because it’s just too easy!
Instant Pot Beets Ingredients
It doesn’t get any more simple than this! That’s what makes this one of the easiest sides you’ll ever make. You can find the exact measurements below on the recipe card.
- Whole Beets: I bought about 5, but you can do as many as will work in your instant pot.
- Water: For cooking the beets.
How to Make Instant Pot Beets
They are so easy, it doesn’t take much effort to whip up this healthy side dish.
- Wash and Prep: Wash and remove the stems from the whole beets.
- Prep Instant Pot: Next, position the trivet into the instant pot pressure cooker.
- Load Instant Pot: Place the whole beets on top of the trivet steamer basket.
- Add Water: Then pour the water into the instant pot.
- Seal: Now close the lid and make sure the instant pot is in the seal position.
- Select Cook Time: Then select the high-pressure or manual option and add 10 minutes to the timer.
- Cool: Once cooked, open the lid and then allow the beets to cool slightly before removing them. Now they will be fork-tender.
- Eat: Now enjoy as is, on salads, or in recipes that call for cooked beets.
What to Make with Beets
If you need some ideas for what to do with this simple ingredient, I’ve got some great ideas! Use your creativity to work these beets into your diet.
- In a Salad: Beets add a delicious pop of earthy flavor to your greens. Try this Amazing Pear and Beet Salad, and you’ll be hooked on beets!
- With Other Root Vegetables: Try these beets with other root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and yams. They all go great together, and you could cook them all in the instant pot together for an easy and nutrient-rich side dish.
- With Yogurt: Hear me out, yogurt and beets actually go really well together! You will be surprised by how sweet and tangy yogurt compliments the earthy beets. You can salt the beets before adding yogurt to bring out more flavor in the beet.
Get the most out of these Instant Pot beets by storing them with these helpful tips.
- In the Refrigerator: Once your beets have completely cooled, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Now they will remain fresh for 3-5 days.
Other Easy Side Dishes
Looking for something to serve along side your beets? Or just looking for side dish inspiration in general? I’ve got great ideas cooked up for you!
Wash and remove the stems from the whole beets.
Position the trivet into the instant pot.
Place the whole beets on top of the trivet.
Pour the water into the instant pot.
Close the lid and make sure the instant pot is in the seal position.
Select the high-pressure or manual option and add 10 minutes to the timer.
Once cooked, open the lid and allow the beets to cool slightly before removing them.
Enjoy right away as is, on salads, or in recipes that call for cooked beets.
Serving1beetCalories0.4kcalCarbohydrates0.1gProtein0.02gFat0.002gSodium3mgPotassium3mgFiber0.03gSugar0.1gVitamin A0.3IUVitamin C0.1mgCalcium2mgIron0.01mg
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Appetizer, Side Dish
Keyword 15 minute, how to make beets in the instant pot, instant pot, instant pot beets, instant pot beets recipe
Leave a Reply